East Brent Community Portal

Village Hall Management Committee

Monthly Meeting Minutes - 27th September 2017

Minutes of Management Committee Meeting held at the Village Hall at 7.30pm on Wednesday 27th September 2017

 

Present: Mike Grant, Betty Griffin, June Jessop, Janet Nurse, Dot Coles, Barbara Woodward Kay Clarke, Pat Seabrook, Chrissie Tolman

Item 1: Apologies:

Hugh Mackay, Jacqui Collins.

In the absence of Hugh Mackay, the meeting was chaired by Betty Griffin as Vice Chair. Betty introduced the Committee to Chrissie Tolman who will be replacing Toni Andrews as the Representative for Slimming World.

Item 2: Minutes of the last meeting:

These were approved by the Committee and signed by the Chairman, following an

Amendment to Item 13 the date of the next meeting was changed from 28 to 27 September.

Item 3: Matters arising:

1. Contact Rogers Restoration to arrange for him to attend next meeting to discuss heating options. Despite continued attempts to make contact leaving phone messages etc. no reply has been received. Mike will therefore contact Hugh to consider another contractor.

2. Arrange for Fire Extinguisher Check. This has been done.

3. Obtain Quotation for hand driers. This is ongoing.

4. Install new door bell. This has been done.

5. Arrange for printing and framing of photographs with Nick Tolly. This has been done and the pictures are now hanging in the Main Hall.

6. Contact June Leather to order kitchen surface cleaner. This has been done and the cleaner is now in the kitchen for general use.

Item 4: Correspondence:

Janet has forwarded items of correspondence received on e-mail to members of the Committee.

Item 5: Treasurer’s Report:

Mike has prepared the Trustees’ Annual Report and Accounts for the year ended 31st August 2017 which have been circulated on e-mail around the Committee for comment prior to the meeting. These were approved and will be presented at the AGM next month.

Item 6: Hall Bookings:

Betty reported that she had received a number of additional bookings for October including children’s parties, a Tennis Club Social .and a Church event. She also advised that December was getting very booked up.

Item 7: Lottery:

5th Draw – 02.08.17

1. £10.00 – 35 Mike Grant

2. £10.00 – 50 – Mike Grant

3. £10.00 – 10 Jacqui Collins

6th Draw – 16.08.17

1. £10.00 – 116 John Leather

2. £10.00 – 57 Toni Andrews

3. £10.00 – 130 Julie Melsom

7thrd Draw – 30.08.17

1. £10.00 – 128 Mary Ellen Harris

2. £10.00 – 127 Gill Willoughby

3. £10.00 – 132 Hugh Mackay

8th Draw – 13.09.17

1. £10.00 – 175 Jen Ferguson

2. £10.00 – 138 Bridget Tremelett

£ 10.00 – 134 Janet Harding

9th Draw – 27.09.17

1. £10.00 – 150 Muriel Evans

2. £10.00 - 122 D Rowsell

3. £10.00 – 69 Alan Linnett

Item 8: Representative Reports:

1. St Mary’s Church. Dot reported the following forthcoming events;

12 October Soup, and Sing, Confirmations at Wells Cathedral and Lights of Love Service on 19th November. Messy Church has also restarted.

2. Parish Council. Barbara advised the following;

· Joseph’s Pound playing area in Rooksbridge has received an award from Somerset Playing Field’s Association.

· Two applications had been received for the advertised parish councillor post. The successful applicant would be announced at the next meeting.

· 2 Quotations had been received for replacing the Parish Council notice board.

· The new PC website would be going live in October.

3. Pre-School. Kaye reported that there were now 13 children on register.

4. Day Centre. June confirmed that the numbers remained at 10 members.

5. Harvest Home. Betty reported that it had been a very successful event.

6. History Group. Betty reported that there were not as many as usual but it had been a planning meeting for the forthcoming year.

7. Slimming World. Chrissie reported that numbers had increased to 75 and that she hoped to run an extra session if they increased to 100.

Item 9: Premises/Health & Safety

2 outside security lights are not working.

Item 10 ; Certificate Renewals;

The Fire Risk Assessment is now due. Janet will arrange and Dot offered to assist.

Item 11: Any Other Business:

· Betty noted that the lights had been left on after the Pre-School session 3 times. Kay will remind the staff.

· June reported that the Day Centre noted the cooker was left in a dirty state when they arrived for their session on 11th August. Betty was unable to identify who may have been responsible.

Item 12: Fire Exit & Light Audit:

This has been done. Kay was reminded that the Pre-School should continue with the Fire Alarm and Door check in the new term.

Item 13: Next Meeting

The next meeting will be on Wednesday 25th October and will be preceded by the AGM. The meeting closed at 8.10pm

Confirmed as a true record of the meeting....................................Date....................

Signed by Chairman/Vice Chairman (sign as appropriate

Web design by Devnox Ltd.