East Brent Community Portal

Village Hall Management Committee

Minutes of Management Committee Meeting 26th July 2017

Monthly Meeting Minutes - 26th July 2017

 

Present:         Mike Grant, Jacqui Collins, Betty Griffin, June Jessop, Janet Nurse, Dot Coles, Barbara Woodward

Item 1:             Apologies:

                        Hugh Mackay, Kay Clarke, Pat Seabrook.

Janet had received notification from Toni Andrews of her resignation from Slimming World and also the Village Hall Committee. Slimming World would be continuing under new leadership. Janet had also been advised of a temporary standing down due to ill health, by Phil Coles.

Item 2:             Minutes of the last meeting:

These were approved by the Committee and signed by the Chairman.

Item 3:            Matters arising:

1.      Contact Rogers Restoration to arrange for him to attend next meeting to discuss heating options. This is ongoing but Mike is hoping to arrange a visit for the September meeting.

2.      Arrange for certification following each fire alarm and emergency lighting check from Steve McGreavy. Janet confirmed this has now been completed and the updated documentation is in the folder in the Hall. 

3.      Arrange for purchase of new kettle and swing bin for Ladies Toilet. Janet confirmed this has been done.   

4.      Arrange Fire Extinguisher Check. Janet confirmed that this is ongoing but will be done during the Summer Holiday.

5.      Discuss options re wall pictures with Colin Loader, from History Club collection. Betty had obtained 3 montage sets of photographs which were passed around amongst the Committee. It was agreed that these would be taken to Nick Tolley with a view to enlarging them and framing them. 

6.      Confirm dates of painting with Geoff Adams. Mike confirmed this would be done in the Summer Holidays.

7.      Advise when fire alarm in Grace Hudson Room is re activated.  Betty advised that Steve McGreavy had had access to the Hall and believes this job was done when the Fire Alarm check was done. 

Item 4:             Correspondence:

Janet has forwarded items of correspondence received on e-mail to members of the Committee.      

Item 5:             Treasurer’s Report:

See attached.

 

 

Item 6:             Hall Bookings:

Betty reported that as per usual August bookings were very quiet, but that she often gets bookings at very short notice. The Harvest Home will be using the Hall on 16th and 25th August;  

Item 7:                           Lottery:

                          1st Draw – 07.06.17

1.    £10.00 – 46 Jane Ratcliffe

2.    £10.00 – 127 Gill Willoughby

3.    £10.00 – 62 Bill Griffin

2nd Draw – 21.06.17

1.    £10.00 – 107 Ruth Pearson

2.    £10.00 – 54 Caroline Adams

3.    £10.00 – 116 John Leather

3rd Draw – 05.07.17

1.    £10.00 – 192 Jenny Bunn

2.    £10.00 – 19 Vivian Drew

3.    £10.00 – 60 Christine Dalton

4th Draw – 19.07.17

1.    £10.00 – 87 Andrew Melsom

2.    £10.00 – 35 Mike Grant

3.    £10.00 – 111 Mae Pleydell-Pearce

Item 8:             Representative Reports:

1.    Harvest Home. Betty confirmed that all was ready for this years’ Harvest Home.

2.    St Mary’s Church. Dot advised that the Church Fete had made a total of £2579.20 which included all donations. In addition the following are coming up;

·         16th September . Tea in the Garden at Hillcroft weather permitting.

·         29th September McMillan Coffee morning at Dot’s

·         12th October. Soup and Song in the Village Hall

3.     Parish Council. Barbara advised the following;

·         A vacancy on the Parish Council had arisen and would be advertised soon.

·         PGC were planning a grass cut and general tidy up along footpath before Harvest Home.

·         The Parish Council notice board outside the Village Hall would be done soon.

4.    Carpet Bowls. Jacqui Collins advised that due to holiday commitments there would be no meeting next week but they hoped to meet thereafter.

5.    Day Centre. June confirmed that the numbers remained at 10 members.

Item 9:             Premises/Health & Safety

·         Janet advised that the pre-school had reported the doorbell not working. Steve McGreavy had checked it (this is the mains one, he couldn’t find the ‘plug in’ one) and found there was an intermittent fault on it.  He recommended that it be replaced at a cost of about £60.00. The Committee agreed that this be supplied and fitted.

·         The detergent for the dishwasher was running low. Phil will order another lot.

·         Pre-School had complained about the temperature of the hot water in the kitchen. A warning sign has been put up.

·         The wireless microphone isn’t working but it was agreed that rather than replacing it at a cost of approximately £100 (this is an ongoing problem usually as a result of someone ‘fiddling’ with it) the wired one could be used instead.

Item 10 ;         Certificate Renewals;

There are none due other than the fire extinguisher check which Janet will arrange.    

Item 11:          Any Other Business:

·         June observed that the spray surface cleaner she buys keeps disappearing and suggested that the Hall ought to supply some for general use in the kitchen. Betty will ask June to order some.

·         Concerns were expressed over paint, glitter and glue residues on work tops and the sink in the kitchen. All users are reminded that the Main Kitchen is for food preparation only. Any cleaning-up after craft activities   should be done in the Small kitchen.

·         Betty suggested that a review of the current paper towel issues in the toilets be considered. They are a constant source of litter, a source of toilet blockage and an ongoing expense as the dispensers don’t work very well and there is a lot of wastage. She suggested we consider Blow Driers. Janet will contact Steve McGreavy for a price to include supply and fitting.    

Item 12:          Fire Exit & Light Audit:

This has been done.

Item 13:          Next Meeting

The next meeting will be on Wednesday 28th September 2017. The meeting closed at 8.30pm

Confirmed as a true record of the meeting....................................Date....................

Signed by Chairman/Vice Chairman (sign as appropriate)

Web design by Devnox Ltd.