East Brent Community Portal

Village Hall Management Committee

Monthly Meeting Minutes - 24 May 2017

East Brent Village Hall

HALLMARK *

Registered Charity No.269419

Minutes of Management Committee Meeting held at the Village Hall at 7.30pm on Wednesday 24th May 2017

 

Present: Hugh Mackay. Mike Grant, Jacqui Collins, Dot Coles, Phil Coles, Betty Griffin, Barbara Woodward, June Jessop, Janet Nurse, Pat Seabrook.

Item 1: Apologies:

Toni Andrews, Kay Clarke

Item 2: Minutes of the last meeting:

These were approved by the Committee and signed by the Chairman.

Item 3: Matters arising:

1. Obtain quotations re Heating System options. This is ongoing as Hugh contacted Rogers Restoration to arrange for him to attend tonight’s meeting, but has had no response.

2. Dado Rail. Mark Broomsgrove will fit the additional dado rail during the coming Half Term break..

3. Check lock on Disabled Toilet door. Phil Coles confirmed this has been done and the Chairman thanked him on behalf of the Committee.

4. Contact Steve McGreavy re Emergency Lighting and Fire Alarm Check. Phil advised that the last check was done in February and the next one is due in August. He will request certification in future as confirmation of work done.

5. Arrange for repainting of brown paintwork in main Hall with Geoff Adams. Mike advised that he was due to discuss the details with Geoff in June.

6. Discuss options re wall pictures with Colin Loader, from History Club collection. Betty advised that this is ongoing.

Item 4: Correspondence:

Janet has forwarded items of correspondence received on e-mail to members of the Committee. An additional item was received by Mike from Somerset Local Authorities’ Civil Contingencies Unit, who wish to inspect the Village Hall as a suitable venue. Mike has returned ‘tear off slip’ in agreement and we await future contact.

Item 5: Treasurer’s Report:

See attached.

Mike also advised the following;

· We are £400 ahead of last year’s hire fee income.

· The Parish Council grant is awaited.

· Curtains are now paid for but the cost of the dado rail has not been taken into account.

Item 6: Hall Bookings:

Betty reported that there were 3 additional bookings – an extra Saturday afternoon, 8th June Election, 11th June Birthday party.

Item 7: Lottery:

9th Draw – 10.05.17

1. £10.00 – 81 Gerry Webb

2. £10.00 – 64 Mrs Knight

3. £10.00 – 129 Richard Ellis

10th Draw – 24.5.17

1. £20.00 – 106 Gerry Webb

2. £30.00 – 14 Pat Seabrook

3. £80.00 – 154 Debbie Drinkwater

Item 8: Representative Reports:

1. Harvest Home. Betty was not able to attend.

2. History Group. Colin Loader had shown some photographs from which it is hoped a selection may be made for the Hall.

3. St Mary’s Church. Dot advised that a Koinunin was planned for 4th June at Woodlands in Brent Knoll. The Church Fete is to be held on 1st July.

4. Parish Council. Barbara advised the following;

· The Webbs had donated a seat for the war memorial.

· Quotes were being obtained for a new Parish Council notice board.

· The football nets in East Brent park were to be replaced.

· The fencing around the Rooksbridge play area need attention.

5. Carpet Bowls. Jacqui advised the Committee that 10 regularly attended and an additional 2 were expected back to rejoin the group.

6. Day Centre. June confirmed that the membership was a regular 10 or 11 despite efforts having been made to attract new members.

Item 9: Premises/Health & Safety

1. Phil informed the Committee that following a contact by Pre-school he had removed the battery from the Cloakroom fire door as it was beeping continually and causing distress to the user. He had attempted to reset it but to no avail. He will contact the installer (Fireco) to repair it.

2. Dot kindly agreed to apply weed killer to the weeds in the outside area during the Half Term break.

Item 10 ; Certificate Renewals;

There are none due apart from the building insurance which Mike has already done.

Item 11: Any Other Business:

June advised that the annual cooker clean is overdue. She will make the necessary contact and arrange.

Item 12: Fire Exit & Light Audit:

This has been done.

Item 13: Next Meeting

The next meeting will be on Wednesday 28th June 2017. Hugh gave his apologies for the June and July meetings. The meeting closed at 8.10pm.

Web design by Devnox Ltd.