Minutes of Management Committee Meeting held at the Village Hall at 7.30 on Wednesday 22nd March 2017
Present: Hugh Mackay. Mike Grant, Jacqui Collins, Dot Coles, Phil Coles, Betty Griffin, Barbara Woodward, June Jessop, Janet Nurse, Toni Andrews, Pat Seabrook, Kay Clarke.
Item 1: Apologies:
There were none
Item 2: Minutes of the last meeting:
These were approved by the Committee and signed by the Chairman.
Item 3: Matters arising:
1. Obtain quotations re Heating System options. This is ongoing but Hugh presented the Committee with the findings so far which included replacing the existing overhead heaters. The quotations varied from £15,500 to £3,200 but Hugh wanted to check the specifications.
2. Door Closure Batteries /Shattered Door Closure. Phil confirmed that 2 of the closures have been replaced and all the doors were checked. Since they are still under warranty the charge was only the call out of £100.00.
3. Print extra copies of revised Conditions of Hire and Users Guide. Janet confirmed this has been done including the copy on display in the Hall. Also the Key Holders Agreement.
4. Contact June Leather regarding the ordering of new mops. Betty confirmed this has been done.
Item 4: Correspondence:
Janet has forwarded items of correspondence received on e-mail to members of the Committee.
Item 5: Treasurer’s Report:
Mike also confirmed the balance more or less mirrored that of this time last year with no unforeseen expenses.
Item 6: Hall Bookings:
Betty reported that there were about 6 additional bookings for April, also that the windows were to be cleaned inside and out, and the new curtains fitted during the Easter break.
Item 7: Lottery:
1st Draw – 18.01.17
1. £10.00 – 199 EB Day Centre
2. £10.00 – 109 Dave Cufflin
3. £10.00 – 19 Vivian Drew
2nd Draw – 01.02.17
1. £10.00 – 168 Ann Loader
2. £10.00 – 107 Ruth Pearson
3. £10.00 – 160 Renate Wheeler
3rd Draw – 15.02.17
1. £10.00 – 71 Chris Robson
2. £10.00 – 69 Ann Linnett
4. £10.00 – 51 Dean Howard
4th Draw – 01.03.17
1. £10.00 – 162 Richard (Prospect Park)
2. £10.00 – 140 Hugh Mackay
3. £10.00 – 181 Peter Spinks.
5th Draw – 15.03.17
1. £10.00 – Karen Phillips
2. £10.00 – 29 Gordon Williams
3. £10.00 – 120 Michelle Adams.
Item 8: Representative Reports:
1. Slimming World. Toni estimated that there were currently about 65 members, but she anticipated an increase following the forthcoming publicity campaign.
2. History Club. Betty reported that the recent meeting had been a talk on the whereabouts of the manor house which had been demolished in the early eighteenth century.
3. Harvest Home. Betty confirmed that food orders had been placed but they were still looking for a speaker.
4. St Mary’s Church. Dot advised that the Lent Course had been very interesting and pertinent. The Mother’s Day Service was to be held at Lympsham Church. A Table Top Sale was planned at the Village Hall for 22nd April, the Church Fete was to held on 1st July and a Soup and Sing Evening was planned for 12 October.
5. Parish Council. Barbara reported that the annual Open Meeting which welcomed members of the public, was to be held on 3rd April, and with the support of Bob Filmer the Parish Council were looking at the possibility of supporting a bus service through the villages.
6. Carpet Bowls. Jacqui confirmed that numbers remained low but she was planning an item for the parish magazine in the hope of attracting new members. Toni also advised she would be able to promote the group at her Slimming World meetings if Jacqui prepared some publicity material. Jacqui was also advised to contact Kim Wilcox who may know of someone who may be interested.
7. Pre-School. Kay enquired whether it would be possible to leave the Hall set-up overnight when no one was using the Hall between Pre-School sessions. This was agreed and the group will liaise with Betty. Kaye also asked for the permission of the Committee to attach some hooks to the wall to secure the role play equipment. This too was agreed with the proviso that they would not stick out too much and create a hazard to other users. The Day Centre confirmed that they would continue to store the milk in the fridge on Fridays for Pre-School as this was the only possible delivery day
8. Day Centre. June advised that there were currently 11 members.
Item 9: Premises/Health & Safety
It was noted that the new chairs were leaving marks around the Hall walls as the backs did not line up with the dado rail as the old ones had. Hugh will arrange a quotation to fix a dado rail at the appropriate level to protect the wall.
Item 10: Certificate Renewals:
There were none due. Mike will update the listings.
Item 11: Any Other Business:
Betty advised that the kitchen door had been left unlocked on a couple of occasions recently.
Item 12: Fire Exit & Light Audit:
This has been done.
Item 13: Next Meeting
The next meeting will be on Wednesday 26th April 2017. The meeting closed at 8.11.
Confirmed as a true record of the meeting....................................Date....................
Signed by Chairman/Vice Chairman (sign as appropriate)