Minutes of Management Committee Meeting held at the Village Hall at 7.30 on Wednesday 27th July 2016
Present: Hugh Mackay, Mike Grant, Tony Collins, Wendy Summers, Phil Coles, Betty Griffin, Barbara Woodward, Pat Seabrook, Dot Coles, June Jessop.
Item 1: Apologies:
Janet Nurse, Kaye Clarke, Toni Andrews.
Item 2: Minutes of the last meeting:
The Minutes were approved by the Committee and signed by the Chairman, following a small amendment to the name of a Lottery winner.
Item 3: Matters arising:
1. Contact contractor to arrange installation of hinge finger guards to Hall doors. This has been arranged, but contractor has yet to confirm the date with Betty.
2. Contact Emma Allen to advise regarding barrier around side of Hall. This has been done.
3. Arrange timings for internal decoration with Geoff Adams. Geoff will do this over the Summer holidays, and has been advised of August bookings.
4. Make necessary contact to correct door closure, and replace emergency light, arrange electrical check. These will all be done during the Summer holidays.
5. Arrange dishwasher installation. Tony advised that Mark Broomsgrove had started his work, Steve McGreavy would do the necessary electrical work during the 1st week in August and the plumbing (cost £120) would be done after 8th August. Delivery would take place in the morning of 19th August and installation on 23rd August. The total cost will be in the region of £2,500/£2,600 of which a grant of £2,000 has been obtained from Awards for All.
Item 4: Correspondence:
Janet has forwarded all items of correspondence to members of the Committee. The Committee agreed that they did not wish to take advantage of the Lottery Grant for Special events, but would support any initiative from others.
Item 5: Treasurer’s Report:
Mike advised that Steve McGreavy had now been paid up to date.
He noted that Pat is due to pay over more Lottery income re recent draws.
He anticipated that we would break even over the year, once all the impending work had been paid for.
Item 6: Hall Bookings:
Betty reported the following bookings in August;
· 2 Band Practise
· Additional Parish Council Planning meeting.
· Harvest Home, Line Dancing and Day Centre..
Item 7: Lottery:
7th Draw – 6.7.16
1. £10.00 – 172 Di Harris Bryant
2. £10.00 – 33 Hilda Sims
3. £10.00 - 127 Gill Willoughby
8th Draw – 20.7.16
1. £10.00 – 67 Jane Field
2. £10.00 – 87 Andrew Melsom
1. £10.00 – 116 John Leather
Item 8: Representative Reports:
1. Carpet Bowls. Tony reported that there are still 14 members, but it would be good to have some new members.
2. History Club. It was reported that the last talk was well received.
3. Harvest Home. Ticket sales are in progress.
4. Day Centre/Active Living. This was going well although membership had dropped due to lack of public transport.
5. Parish Council. The new play area in Rooksbridge has been formally opened.
6. St Mary’s Church. Dot announced that the Fete had raised a record £2004 and they are now planning for the ‘Hot supper and entertainment’ in October.
Item 9: Premises/Health & Safety
1. Phil advised that he had applied weed killer around the outside area.
2. Mike advised that he had an additional quotation in respect of repainting the whole Main Hall (except the Stage Area). This would amount to an additional £495., making the total cost in the region of £1200, subject to additional cost for dealing with the damp behind the curtains. The Committee agreed that this should proceed. In addition, it was agreed that the Certificates on the North wall should be removed and Geoff be asked to make good any holes before repainting. Any decision as to where the Certificates will be located, or what will replace them in the Hall was deferred.
3. Hugh circulated a summary of options with a view to changing the heating system. It was agreed that he should obtain more information regarding 4 of the alternatives.
4. It was reported that there is a loose carpet strip outside the Cloakroom (After the meeting, Mark Broomsgrove was asked to attend to this).
5. Phil requested that we consider acquiring replacement chairs for the Main Hal. He introduced a sample, which appeared to be a considerable improvement on our worn-out existing chairs and was asked to make further enquiries with regard to supplier, costings etc.
Item 10: Certificate Renewals:
Electrical Check as well as Fire Alarm, Emergency Lighting and Door closers are due to be carried out by Steve McGreavy during the Summer holidays.
Item 11: Any Other Business:
There was none
Item 12: Fire Exit & Light Audit:
This has been done but 1 Emergency light in the Main Hall remains to be attended to. (see above Item 3, No. 4.).
Item 13: Next Meeting
The next meeting will be on Wednesday 14th September 2016. The meeting closed at 20.11 .
Confirmed as a true record of the meeting....................................Date..