East Brent Community Portal

Village Hall Management Committee

Monthly Meeting Minutes - 25th November 2015

Minutes of Management Committee Meeting held at the Village Hall at 7.30 on Wednesday 25th November 2015

 

Present:         Hugh Mackay, Mike Grant, Tony Collins, Janet Nurse, Dot Coles, Phil Coles, Pat Seabrook, Betty Griffin, June Jessop, Kay Clarke, Wendy Summers, Barbara Woodward.

Item 1:             Apologies:

Toni Andrews.

Item 2:             Minutes of the last meeting:

The Minutes were approved by the Committee and signed by the Chairman.

Item 3:            Matters arising:

1. Improve visibility of self-adhesive stickers to window indicating opening procedure. Janet has done this and the notices will be affixed to returns on window as well as the windows themselves at the close of the meeting.

2. Advise East Brent First School governors of Committees approval re banner to advertise School together with restrictions on size and time (no more than 28 days at a time). This was done and a banner is now in place.

3. Arrange PAT testing with Steve McGreavy and completion of outdoor wiring. Also necessary fire door alteration and emergency lighting repair in Gents Toilets.  The PAT testing has been done, the others are currently being worked on.

4. Confirm with Pre-School ‘food only’ usage of trays in kitchen. This has been done.

5. Hot tap in the kitchen. The pressure has not improved and the plumber has advised that it will get no better unless the whole system is changed. A quotation of £385.00 has been received but the situation is ongoing to ensure the proposal is adequate for our requirements.

6. Kitchen floor cleaning and cooker cleaning. The kitchen floor has been deep cleaned and advice received regarding correct cleaning of the surfaces prior to food preparation. This was all done at the expense of the Active Living group. June Jessop will arrange the cooker cleaning after Xmas which will be at the Hall’s expense.  

Item 4:             Correspondence:

Janet has forwarded all items of correspondence to members of the Committee.  

Item 5:             Treasurer’s Report:

See attached.

Mike also advised that following the receipt of the feed in tariff to August, we had now received £1100 more than we have paid out to date on the installation and Loan repayments. The ongoing situation is that we should hope to receive above £2200 per annum and after Loan repayments of £1200 per annum (for the next 3 years), the income would almost cover our electricity cost subject to any repairs or replacements being required. 

Item 6:             Hall Bookings:

Betty reported that she had received the following additional bookings;

·         4.12.15 Band Practice

·         5.12.15 Birthday party

·         25.12.15 All day Xmas family celebration

 

Item 7:             Lottery:

                        10th Draw – 11.11.15

1.    £20.00 – 171 Brian Rutherford

2.    £30.00 – 92 Geoff Adams

3.    £80.00 – 80 Tyler Bowers

Item 8:             Representative Reports:

1.    Pre-School. Kay reported that there are currently 20 children on register, the group will be opening for extra sessions from January. The group will be holding a quiz evening on 27th November to raise money for the children’s Xmas party.

2.    History Club. Betty reported that the last speaker had talked about JP’s of the 18th century and it had been quite an eye opener!.

3.    Harvest Home. Betty advised they had made a profit this year, mainly thanks to sponsorship, and were making a donation of a practice defibrillator to St John’s Ambulance in Highbridge.

4.    Parish Council. Barbara advised that following the resignation of the Clerk a temporary Clerk has been appointed and the Parish Council will meet on the 2nd Monday of each month.  They had had 9 planning applications to consider at the last meeting, and the parish magazine is now self-funded thanks to the hard work of the team in obtaining sufficient advertising.

5.    St Mary’s Church. Dot reported that all the Xmas services were in place, the community choir was going well as was the Messy Church. Changes to the timing of the Church services were being considered.    

6.    Line Dancing. Wendy reported that the attendances for both groups were good.

7.    Active Living. June reported this was all going very well. She enquired whether a special license was required to show films to the group. Janet will make enquiries.

8.    Carpet Bowls. Tony reported all was going well.

9.    Thursday Club. Janet reported that the planned speaker for the last meeting was unavailable but at very short notice she had managed to book John Page of Brent Knoll who had given a very interesting talk about Hannah More.

Item 9:             Premises/Health & Safety

  • Hugh sought the approval of the Committee to have the Hall floor sanded and sealed at a cost of £480/£500. This was agreed and it will be done sometime early in the new year when it is convenient to users and contractor.
  • Hugh has contacted Seaview Windows with regard to some adjustments to the windows.
  • He will chase up Kevin Lukins regarding some re-leading in the northwest valley above the flat roof.  

 

Item 10:          Certificate Renewals:

Gas Safety Check. Mike has now received an updated certificate which he passed to Janet for filing.

Mike also confirmed that he has signed a contract for the electricity supply which will take us through until 31st January 2020. The price is actually lower than the current price

Item 11:          Any Other Business:

Betty advised that one of her neighbours had reported noted that the contents of a compost box had been emptied onto the side of the  rhyne. This was noted by Kay.

 

Item 12:          Fire Exit & Light Audit:

This has been done.

Item 13:          Next Meeting

The next meeting will be on Wednesday 27th January 2016. The meeting closed at 20.30.

 

Confirmed as a true record of the meeting....................................Date....................

Signed by Chairman/Vice Chairman (sign as appropriate)

Web design by Devnox Ltd.