Minutes of Management Committee Meeting held at the Village Hall at 7.30 on Wednesday 22nd July 2015
Present: Hugh Mackay, Mike Grant, Tony Collins, Janet Nurse, Dot Coles, Phil Coles, Barbara Woodward, Pat Seabrook, Betty Griffin, Wendy Summers. The Chairman welcomed Toni Andrews on to the Committee, representing Slimming World who will be using the Hall every Saturday.
Item 1: Apologies:
Jane Ratcliffe, June Jessop, Emma Allen.
Item 2: Minutes of the last meeting:
The Minutes were approved by the Committee and signed by the Chairman.
Item 3: Matters arising:
1. Prepare diagram to indicate how the Hall windows should be opened. Hugh has done this and forwarded it on to Janet.
2.Respond to CCS request to contact MP regarding VAT on Hall improvements. Mike has done this.
3.Contact Steve McGreavy re fire exit light and overhaul of overhead Hall lighting. Mike confirmed this has been done and the Committee expressed their approval of the brighter LED lights. The threading of the curtain track string remains outstanding and Mike will make the necessary contact.
4. Janet has ordered the self-adhesive stickers for the windows and will apply them as soon as they are available.
Item 4: Correspondence:
Janet has received 2 items of correspondence on e-mail which have been forwarded around the Committee.
11.7.15 Notice of ‘Community Buildings Networking Training’ course on 15th October from CCS.
15.7.15 Notice of ‘How Digital Technology Can Help Your Communjity’ training course on 3rd September from CCS.
Mike had received 2 items of correspondence. One was Viridor’s Annual Report which mentioned ourselves as recipients of funding. The other was a request for our annual payment to Parish Magazine in respect of the Village Hall advertisement. The Committee approved the payment of the latter.
Item 5: Treasurer’s Report:
Mike reminded the Committee that the balance would reduce by approx .£7500 in respect of the forthcoming works due to commence over the summer period.
Tony enquired from Mike about breakdown of bill for insurance purposes. Mike will check records.
Item 6: Hall Bookings:
Betty reported that she had received the following additional bookings;
1. 5.5 2016 for the Police & Crime Commissioner elections.
2. 29.7.15 an evening meeting from 6.00- 10.30.
3. August- band practice
Item 7: Lottery:
There was no draw this month. Pat will be ordering some new tickets. Trustees were encouraged to find more interested investors, as there are a number of unsold tickets.
Item 8: Representative Reports:
1. Thursday Club – Janet reported that the last speaker had talked about her growing up afloat. Everyone had enjoyed it. She also informed the Committee that the group had a new committee for next year and would be continuing for a further 12 months.
2. Carpet Bowls. Tony reported it was going well. The Xmas lunch was booked and they had enjoyed a summer party the previous evening. The group would continue meeting through the summer.
3. Line Dancing. Wendy confirmed it was going well. She and Toni would discuss the possibility of working together.
4. St Mary’s Church. Dot advised that the Wednesday coffee morning would continue through the summer but would start at the slightly later time of 10.00 until 11.30. She also advised that there were plans to start a community choir and there was a meeting planned in the evening for Monday 27th July.
5. Parish Council. Barbara reported that the Police would be attending the September meeting to discuss the issue of speeding in the village. She also advised that there were plans to start a farmers market in the Knoll Inn, but this would depend on future arrangements for the sale of the pub.
6. Harvest Home. Betty advised that the luncheon tickets would be the same price as last year at £17.00 and would be available the following week. Everything was booked.
7. History Society. Betty advised that their last speaker had given a talk about medals. In particular returning them to their original families.
8. Slimming World. Toni advised that the first meeting was the following Saturday morning, She felt confident it would go well.
9. Day Centre. Pat reported that the group had enjoyed a visit from the African Children’s Choir.
Item 9: Premises/Health & Safety
There were none.
Item 10: Certificate Renewals:
There are none due.
Item 11: Any Other Business:
1. Betty reported that some pruning was required to a tree overhanging the bin area. In addition the parking area was becoming overgrown with weeds, particularly around the back of the building. Phil and Tony will deal with this.
2. Dot advised that she has a box of items at home relating to the replacement door closures. She asked whether it was necessary to keep them and if so could they be stored in the Hall. Mike will confirm with Steve McGreavy whether or not they are required.
Item 12: Fire Exit & Light Audit:
This has been done.
Item 13: Next Meeting
The next meeting will be on Wednesday 23rd September 2015. The meeting closed at 20.05.
Confirmed as a true record of the meeting....................................Date....................
Signed by Chairman/Vice Chairman (sign as appropriate)