Minutes of Management Committee Meeting held at the Village Hall at 7.30 on Wednesday 25th March 2015
Present: Mike Grant, Janet Nurse, Dot Coles, Phil Coles, Barbara Woodward, Pat Seabrook, June Jessop, Betty Griffin.
Item 1: Apologies:
Hugh Mackay, Tony Collins, Jane Ratcliffe, Emmalene Gammon, Wendy Summers
Betty Griffin once again chaired the meeting in the absence of both the Chairman and Vice Chairman.
Item 2: Minutes of the last meeting:
The Minutes were approved by the Committee and signed by the acting Chairman.
Item 3: Matters arising:
1. Obtain ‘break glass here’ stickers. These are on order.
2. Obtain remaining signatures for Trustee list. Although more have been obtained since the last meeting, it is not possible to complete the task at the moment due to absence.
3. Contact Steve McGreavy re Fire Light exit. Mike has made contact, Steve is awaiting replacement bulb.
4. Contact plumber re kitchen tap. Mike has contacted the plumber, the job has not been done.
5. Speak to Geoff Adams regarding obtaining additional beading. Mike has asked Geoff.
6. Clear small kitchen to allow use by hirers. This was done and the event went very well with the hirers very pleased with the facilities in the Hall. They made a particular mention of the support provided by Betty in her role as key holder and booking clerk.
Item 4: Correspondence:
Janet had received correspondence on e-mail which has been forwarded around the Committee. They were as follows;
* Community Buildings March Newsletter (10.3.15)
* Community Council for Somerset Thatch (12.3.15)
* Community Buildings advice of increase in annual membership fee (19.3.15)
* Community Buildings Cinema Training Event (19.3.15)
Item 5: Treasurer’s Report:
Mike advised that a quotation for approx. £2000.00 has been received for remedial drainage works following a recent survey. Before proceeding Hugh will read the full report on his return and feed back to the Committee.
Item 6: Hall Bookings:
Betty reported the following additional bookings.
* 5.4.15 - Booking by Muslim group.
* 11.4.15 – Party booking
* 18.4.15 – Party Booking
* 25.3.15 – Party Booking
* 29.4.15 – Church Meeting
Item 7: Lottery:
1st Draw – 18.2.15
1. £10.00 – 111 Mae Pearce
2. £10.00 – 162 Henry Pam
3. £10.00 – 22 Betty Griffin
2nd Draw – 4.3.15
1. £10.00 – 26 Rachel Sloane
2. £!0.00 - 50 Mike Grant
3. £10.00 – 98 Sheila Parkin
3rd Draw – 18.3.15
1. £10.00 – 177 Joan Walker
2. £10.00 – 11 Edith Roberts
3. £10.00 – 164 Audrey Dinham
Item 8: Representative Reports:
1. Day Centre. June had nothing particular to report other than to advise that the group remained full and very busy.
2. Parish Council. Barbara advised the following
* A 3rd defibrillator for use at Edingworth had been purchased by the installers of a solar farm at Rooksbridge.
* Bus Service 102 from Bridgwater to Weston travelling through East Brent is to be discontinued.
* The Parish Council have agreed to donate £200.00 towards the Church Fete.
3. St Mary’s Church. Dot reported that this year’s Easter services would be held at Lympsham Church. A full daily programme was planned across the festival. It was also agreed that the Village Hall would provide a stall as usual at the Summer Fete on 6th June, the exact nature of which is to be decided.
4. Thursday Club. Janet advised that the last speaker talked about training guide dogs for the blind. The speaker brought a dog with her. The meeting had been well attended.
5. Carpet Bowls. Phil reported that the current weekly attendance was 12-14 members. He said that ideally it would be good to attract some new members as 1 or 2 had left or were likely to leave in the near future. It was suggested that something to encourage new participants could be included in the Parish magazine
6. History Club. Betty said that the last meeting had been very interesting as it had been led by a lady dressed in costume talking about life as a scullery maid at Glastonbury Abbey.
7. Harvest Home. Betty reported that bookings were going well and she had lately booked a children’s entertainer.
Item 9: Premises/Health & Safety
There was nothing to report
Item 10: Certificate Renewals:
There were none. Mike advised that he believed that Steve McGreavy had recently carried out tests on the Fire Alarm and Emergency Lighting system
Item 11: Any Other Business:
There was none.
Item 12: Fire Exit & Light Audit:
This has been done, but one of the fire exit lights remains not working. (see Matters Arising Item 3)
Item 13: Next Meeting
The next meeting will be on Wednesday 22nd April 2015. The meeting closed at 20.09.