East Brent Community Portal

Village Hall Management Committee

Monthly Meeting Minutes - 26th January 2015

Minutes of Management Committee Meeting held at the Village Hall at 7.30 on Wednesday 28th January 2015

Present:         Mike Grant, Janet Nurse, Wendy Summers, June Jessop, Betty Griffin, Emmalene Gammon, Pat Seabrook.

Item 1:             Apologies:

Hugh Mackay, Tony Collins, Jane Ratcliffe, Barbara Woodward, Dot Coles, Phil Coles.

At this point Janet Nurse nominated Betty Griffin to take the Chair in the absence of both Hugh Mackay and Tony Collins. This was seconded by Mike Grant.  

Item 2:            Minutes of the last meeting:

                 The Minutes were approved by the Committee and signed by the Acting Chairman.

Item 3:            Matters arising:

1.    Update signed Trustee List. This was signed by all who were present, but still requires a number of signatures, which will be obtained as soon as possible.

2.    Arrange framing of recently presented Philip Johnston Cup together with certificate. This has been done and the item is now hanging in position in the Main Hall.

3.    Obtain ‘break glass’ stickers. This remains outstanding.

4.    Renew Lottery License. This has been done.

5.    Update Parish Council representative on fire door requirements on leaving premises. This has been done.

6.    Contact Steve McGreavy on fire door adjustments.  This has been done.

7.    Speak to John Leather re missing door beading. This is ongoing.

8.    Continue to liaise with contractors  re.roofing project. This is ongoing, but Mike confirmed that extension of time has been agreed by both Viridor and Awards for All regarding their grants.

Item 4:             Correspondence:

               1. Janet had received items on e-mail which have been forwarded around the Committee.  

               2. Janet had received request from PRS for annual subscription. This has been paid.

              3. The new Lottery License has also been received  

Item 5:             Treasurer’s Report:

             See attached. In addition Mike advised that he has renewed the gas contract for the next 4 years until 31st January 2019. He also advised that the current balance reflected the purchase/repair of the water heater in the Ladies Toilet and water flow in the Gents.                     These were the only additional items.

 

Item 6:             Hall Bookings:

             Betty advised that there were no additional bookings for February.

Item 7:             Lottery:

                                         6th Draw – 10.12.14

                        1. £10.00 – 17 Dave Ward

                                        2. £10.00 – 96 Christine Hussey

                                        3. £10.00 – 61 Alice Jones

                        7th Draw – 24.12.14

1.    £10.00 – 6 Marjorie Baker

2.    £10.00 – 54 Caroline Adams

3.    £10.00 – 118 Gillian Ham

8th Draw – 07.01.15

1.    £10.00 – 22 Betty Griffin

2.    £10.00 – 153 Bill Walker

3.    £10.00 – 147 Jade Rutherford

9th Draw – 21.01.15

1.    £10.00 – 14 Pat Seabrook

2.    £10.00 – 184 Wendy Kingdom

3.    £10.00 – 141 Robert Broomsgrove

Item 8:             Representative Reports:

1.    Line Dancing. Wendy Summers reported that the Beginners Class was going well with several new members from the village. The Advanced Class was maintaining existing membership.

2.    Thursday Club. Janet reported that the last meeting had hosted a talk on astronomy. Although the attendance had been low, it had been a good evening. As agreed a couple of members had brought partners. A retired estate agent will speak at February’s meeting.

3.    Parish Council. In the absence of the representative, Janet had been advised of the following; the next parish magazine was in preparation, and interviews had taken place to appoint a new Clerk. Two had been short listed and from these Mrs Elaine Oliver from Pawlett had been appointed.

4.    Harvest Home. Betty reported that the AGM had been held and existing officers had been re-elected, but the group are looking for new members to assist the officers.

5.    History Club. Betty reported that the speaker for January had talked about 1st World War family correspondence. There was no speaker for February but the speaker for March would be a lady talking about the role of a Scullery Maid.

6.    Pre-School. Emmalene advised there were now 13 children. They had had an enjoyable Xmas party. She also mentioned that the Wi Fi was not working very well. It was suggested that it may need to be reset. This will be checked at the conclusion of the meeting.

  9.   Day Centre/Active Living. June had nothing particular to report apart from advising the group was full and there was a waiting list.  

Item 10:           Premises/Health & Safety

1.    Disabled Toilet Door. There is now a sign requesting that the door is closed after use. It was also agreed that the ‘d’ handle which had been suggested as a preferred means of door closure, be put on hold for the time being.

        2.    Betty reported that access had been required to inspect the drains but at present this was covered by the ramp to the Pre-School storage shed. Emmalene will make enquiries regarding it’s temporary removal to allow access to the drain cover.

Item 11:          Certificate Renewals:

                      There are none due.

Item 12:          Any Other Business:

     Betty advised that she had received a booking for March to include the use of the small kitchen. She noted it was badly in need of a tidy and clean before it can be used. Pre-School will check and remove any items belonging to them, as will Active Living.

Item 13:          Fire Exit & Light Audit:

    This has been done and it was noted that one of the Fire Exit lights is not working. Mike will contact Steve McGreavy.

Item 14:          Next Meeting

  The next meeting will be on Wednesday 25th February  2015    

The meeting closed at 20.25

 

Confirmed as a true record of the meeting....................................Date....................

Signed by Chairman/Vice Chairman (sign as appropriate)

 

Web design by Devnox Ltd.