Minutes of Management Committee Meeting held at the Village Hall at 7.30 on Thursday 18th July 2013
Present: Hugh Mackay, Mike Grant, Betty Griffin, Jane Ratcliffe, Pat Seabrook
Dot Coles, Wendy Summers, Tony Collins.
Item 1: Apologies:
Di Harris Bryant, Ann Ellis, Janet Nurse, Barbara Woodward. Emma Allen.
Item 2: Minutes of the last meeting:
The Minutes were approved by the Committee and signed by the Chairman.
Item 3: Matters arising:
1. Seek advice regarding light in disabled toilet – Tony confirmed that the bulb had now been replaced
2. Continue to liaise with Steve McGreavy to Complete Certification for Fire Alarm, Emergency Lighting and Electrical Installation Check. Tony advised that Steve has said he will do the necessary work over the forthcoming weekend.
3. Arrange fitting of flooring in Cloakroom. Tony confirmed that this is to take place on 19th/20th July and that he has made arrangements for removal and replacement of cabinets etc on those days.
4. Ongoing Correspondence in Respect of Solar Panels and FIT. Mike had circulated an update of all recent correspondence with BLF, Ofgem, Tessa Munt MP and DECC. It was resolved that the Committee should convert their Lottery Grant into a Loan repayable by 31st August 2018. Mike was authorised to sign the necessary Agreement, a draft of which had been circulated, on the Committee’s behalf. Dot proposed a vote of thanks to Mike for his hard work on behalf of the Committee on this difficult issue over the past 6 months.
5. Continue with Grant Applications in Respect of Overlaying Car Park Area. Hugh confirmed that;
An application had been made to Awards for All earlier in the week, but that it may take up to 60 days before an initial response was received.
The District Council Application was due to be reconsidered recently, but no response had yet been received.
No application has as yet been made to Viridor, pending the outcome of the above applications.
It was unlikely that the project could be undertaken until the October half-=term at the earliest.
6. Talk to June Leather regarding paper towel dispensers. It was agreed that Dyson hand-driers were not appropriate. Dot is to make further enquiries.
7. Check leak in ladies toilet. There has been no reoccurrence.
Item 4: Correspondence:
There was no correspondence apart from that already reported by Mike on the Solar Panel issue.
Item 5: Treasurer’s Report:
Mike advised that we had received about £1,500 from the feed in tariff to date. He anticipated that we would have around £13,000 in the bank at the end of the financial year, after repayment of £1,000 to Big Lottery Fund.
Item 6: Hall Bookings:
Betty reported that in addition to the regular users, the following have been booked;
3.8.13 Muslim ladies.
The Day Centre will not be using the Hall on 23rd or 30th August
Line Dancing will be unable to use the Hall on 21st August.
The Hall has been booked for a presentation re fostering on 21st November
Item 7: Lottery:
8th Draw – 26.06.13
1. £10.00 – 148 Douglas Oldbury
2. £10.00 - 66 Pat Seabrook
3. £10.00 – 50 Mike Grant
9th Draw – 10.07.13
1. £10.00 – 51 Dean Howard
2. £10.00 – 53 Damian Jakeman
3. £10.00 – 184 Wendy Kingdom
10th Draw – 24.07.13
1. £20.00 – 5 Sandy Lawrence
2. £30.00 – 49 Janet Nurse
3. £80.00 – 180 John Traynor
Pat reported that she had enough tickets for the next round, which starts in September. It was agreed that she should order some more and that the ticket price and prize money should remain as at present.
Item 8: Representative Reports:
1. Thursday Club. Jane Ratcliffe informed the Committee that the group had an interesting talk by the Cinnamon Trust, who look after pets for aged or infirm people who may be hospitalised or deceased.
2. History Club. Betty Griffin said that they would be having guest speakers every other month after they reconvene in September
3. Harvest Home. Betty Griffin said that arrangements were well in hand and that ticket sales would commence in the Village Hall at 7pm on 29th July. A Calendar was being made and be available for sale at the Harvest Home.
4. Parish Council. Tony advised on behalf of Barbara that:
Plans for the installation of the defibrillators were on-going and donations still welcome.
Two public meetings had been held re No Pilrow.
Additional affordable housing should be available in the East Brent Parish in 2014
5. St Mary’s Church. Dot advised the following
The Church Fete is to be held on 20th July.
A Questionnaire regarding the Church had been distributed throughout the Parish.
6. Active Living/Day Centre. Dot said the group had recently enjoyed a monologue presentation and were due to be entertained again by a theatre group in early August.
7. Line Dancing. Wendy confirmed that attendance remained as before.
8. Carpet Bowls. Tony advised there was nothing new to report, and they would be continuing throughout August.
Item 9: Premises/Health & Safety
Mike advised that he had asked Kevin Lukins to look at the loose tiles at the West end of the roof.
Mike said that he had asked Geoff Adams to provide a quotation regarding the outside paintwork. This is not available, but the Committee agreed that Mike & Hugh could make a decision during the summer break as there is evidently work that needs to be done.,
Betty is to make arrangements for the windows to be cleaned during the summer.
Item 10: Certificate Renewals:
We still await certification from Steve McGreavy for fire and emergency lighting check and electrical installation.
Item 11: Any Other Business:
Betty reported on certain inter user issues.
Tony suggested that the kitchen trays be given to the pre-school for their own use and that new trays should be purchased for kitchen use only. Tony was authorised to acquire such trays.
It was reported that the Active Living Centre had suggested that a hot water dispenser be installed in the kitchen. They had been asked to investigate the matter further, but as yet no proposal had been received.
Item 12: Fire Exit & Light Audit:
This has been done.
Item 13: Next Meeting
The next meeting will be on Thursday 19th September 2013 at 7.30.
The meeting closed at 20.23