Minutes of Management Committee Meeting held at the Village Hall at 7.30 on Wednesday 20th March 2013
The Committee welcomed Wendy Summers as the representative for the new line dancing group, to the meeting and introduced themselves.
Present: Mike Grant, Janet Nurse, Betty Griffin, Tony Collins, Barbara Woodward,
Dot Coles, Pat Seabrook, Wendy Summers.
The meeting was chaired by Tony Collins in his capacity as Vice Chairman in the absence of Hugh Mackay.
Item 1: Apologies:
Hugh Mackay, Jane Ratcliffe, Di Harris Bryant, Ann Ellis.
Item 2: Minutes of the last meeting:
Item 8 no 4 Parish Council Report. Val Rowles should read Val Rawles. This was corrected and the Minutes were then approved by the Committee and signed by the Vice Chairman.
Item 3: Matters arising:
1. Chase up fire alarm and emergency lighting certificate from Steve McGreavy. Tony confirmed that there was some confusion regarding dates on existing certificates. Steve has agreed to do all checks and reissue certificates starting ‘from scratch’ with the dates. The Committee agreed that Steve McGreavy be ‘official hall electrician’. (ie he be engaged to do all electrical work) provided the paper work and certification is kept up to date. He is making no charge for outstanding items except the water heater in the ladies toilets.
2. Liaise with Geoff Adams re corner protectors. Mike advised that this has now been done and looks very smart. All the corner protectors have been used. Geoff has made no charge for fitting them. Mike has thanked him.
3. Organise Broadband installation with Matt Lewis and BT. Mike reported that all work is now complete.
4. Tony to liaise with Dot, Barbara and Betty ideas for refurbishing Cloakroom. See attached details. A cost of approx £350.00 has been estimated. Betty proposed we go ahead on this basis, seconded by Mike.
5. Return cheques to Sedgemoor and Parish Council. Mike confirmed this has been done, although the Sedgemoor cheque remains unbanked. Sedgemoor confirmed that further funding is available but the usual method of application will apply. The Parish Council are also happy to provide further funding. The Committee requested that Barbara advise that funding towards the cloakroom refurbishment would be very much appreciated.
6. Contact Steve McGreavy re Domestic Electrical Installation Periodic Inspection Report. See Item 1 above.
7. Resolve flooded window boxes. Emma was not present, but they no longer appear to be full of water so presumably action has been taken.
8. Prepare specification for overlaying outside area and seek quotations. Mike advised that the specifications have been prepared and sent to 3 contractors for estimates.
Item 4: Correspondence:
Janet had received correspondence on e-mail which has been forwarded around the Committee. They were as follows;
22.2.13 Marjie Dawling Community Council for Somerset. This consisted of Community Building Funding Bulletin and information sheets on car parking at village halls.
5.3.13 Jason Tinley Community Council for Somerset. Information on Community Oil Scheme.
8.3.13 Marjie Dawling regarding grants for solar panels and FIT eligibility. ACRE have become involved and she wanted all halls, with a recent installation following a grant from Awards for All, to make contact.
8.3.13 Charity Commission Return Reminder. Janet confirmed this has now been completed and returned.
19.3.13 Geraldine Braycott Community Council for Somerset, advising of a Presentation of Village Agents on 10 April at Woolavington Village Hall.
Mike had received advice from Sedgemoor that no rates are payable on the Hall.
Please see attached for ongoing correspondence regarding Big Lottery Fund Grant and solar panels.
Item 5: Treasurer’s Report:
Item 6: Hall Bookings:
Betty reported that in addition to the regular users, the following had been booked;
6.4.13 All day Saturday booking.
14.4.13 All day Sunday booking.
Item 7: Lottery:
10th Draw – 06.03.13
1. £20.00 – 125 Penny Thomson
2. £30.00 - 142 Pat Rutherford
3. £80.00 – 49 Janet Nurse
Item 8: Representative Reports:
1. Parish Council. Barbara Woodward advised that it was hoped that the village would soon have 2 new signs on which would be over-written ‘home of Harvest Home’. Mike asked her to remind the Parish Council that no monies had yet been received in respect of Xmas tree lights. (£15.00).
2. Harvest Home. Betty Griffin advised that a figure of £6000.00 had been estimated regarding field drainage. This was under discussion.
3. History Society. Betty Griffin reported that the meetings continue to be well attended.
4. Line Dancing. Wendy Summers confirmed with the Committee that the Hall was covered for Public Liability Insurance and PPR/PPS licenses were held. She also advised that the group was already quite busy and she could only accommodate a further 5 or 6 people.
5. Active Living Day Centre. Dot Coles advised that the next speaker was a farmer’s wife to talk about ‘Living with the Boss’. The group would be closed on Good Friday.
6. St Mary’s Church. Dot informed regarding the following;
The Lent course was coming to end but had been very interesting.
The church was open Mondays and Tuesday mornings for coffee during term time. They would just be opening for 1 day during the forthcoming Easter holiday.
There was to a coffee morning on April 27th
Open Gardens would be held on 9th June.
Lots of events were planned for Easter
7. Thursday Club. Janet Nurse advised that the last meeting had been led by a Burlesque Group which had generally gone down very well.
8. Carpet Bowls. Tony Collins reported that the numbers remained good.
Item 9: Premises/Health & Safety
1. Tony advised that help would be required to empty the Active Living cupboards in the cloakroom.
2. Pat mentioned that the waterpipe above the cooker dripped condensation into quite a puddle. Tony will see if he can get some foam to lag it.
Item 10: Certificate Renewals:
We still await certification from Steve McGreavy for fire and emergency lighting check.(Tony).
Domestic Electrical Installation Periodic Inspection Report is due. Tony will ask Steve McGreavy about this.
Item 11: Any Other Business:
Active Living Centre (Dot & Pat) have requested the code to unlock the phone. Janet will arrange to send it to them.
Item 12: Fire Exit & Light Audit:
This was done.
Item 13: Next Meeting
The next meeting will be on Wednesday 17th April 2013 at 7.30.
The meeting closed at 20.40